Business Partner Wanted
MediaGroove is a Digital Storytelling Startup
Creative Arts MBA Business Partner wanted
Opportunity for Creative Arts MBA to participate in an equity partnership in multi-platform / transmedia documentary production company.
15 March 2013
Note: this is not an offer of employment, but a proposal for a mutually beneficial, equity partnership for the right candidate.
MediaGroove LLC is looking for an experienced, teamwork-focused business partner with a creative arts MBA (or equivalent) and a strong interest in developing innovative new titles as multi-platform/transmedia deliverables.
Founded in New York City in 2006, the company is currently developing a documentary storyworld that has the following product experiences on the roadmap for publishing, distribution and syndication: a feature-length film, a recently completed 12 song album (+ future remix contest), an eBook for iPad, Android and Amazon tablets, and a 10+ member live orchestra for concert/festival performances (with synchronized light show driven by VJ/animation software).
Even though much has been done already – we still have our work cut-out for us, with more new projects in the pipeline.
What –YOU– bring:
The right candidate will have experience with:
- Co-developing business models (e.g. – Business Model Canvas) for media companies
- Knowledge of the importance of Interaction Design (e.g.- the MFA IxD program at SVA) – and why it matters when designing multi-platform experiences.
- The core skill-sets and emerging disciplines that make quality storyworld creation / digital storytelling possible (spreadable narratives, character maps, trajectories, what-ifs)
- Workflows, Planning, Roadmaps – experience with MS Project or similar (we use Gantter online project planning & Basecamp project management tools)
- Budgeting – (and planning for fundraising, grant proposal and crowd-funding efforts to hit milestones)
- Staffing – (working with interns and contract labor/freelance help)
Pragmatic, practical, hard-working. That’s our ideal “fit” for this opportunity. You are passionate about film, art, music, interactivity, design, narrative, and telling compelling stories. But, let’s revisit the practical you – that you went to grad school for the business skills and now you’re ready to be a part of something awesome.
Lastly, we firmly believe that Video is a Language, and we know the importance of editing, blogging and sharing (e.g. – FinalCut workflow and the necessity of fluency in video production as an essential vehicle for fund-raising, social media, fan engagement/ audience building) – and that with collaboration and teamwork, anything is possible!
Please send us your CV/resume and cover letter to (info(at)mediagroove.com). ALSO, please be local to the NYC area.